I am an Ambizione research fellow at ETH Zurich where I lead the Privacy Preserving Systems Lab. My research focuses on data privacy, applied cryptography, and systems. I completed my Ph.D. in Computer Science at ETH Zurich. Upon graduating, I spent two wonderful years as a postdoc at UC Berkeley.
- Lukas Burkhalter, Ph.D. Student, 2018-present
- Alexander Viand, Ph.D. Student, 2019-present
- Nicolas Küchler, Ph.D. Student, 2020-present
- Hidde Lycklama, Ph.D. Student, 2021-present
Master Thesis Students: Patrick Jattke (→ Ph.D. student at ETH Zurich), Nicolas Küchler (→ Ph.D. student at ETH Zurich), Hidde Lycklama (→ Ph.D. student at ETH Zurich), Liangcheng Yu (→ Ph.D. student at the University of Pennsylvania), Matthias Lei (→ Senior Consultant at Innovation Process Technology), Michel Kaporin (→ Software Engineer at ti&m), Lukas Burkhalter - thesis awarded ETH medal (→ Ph.D. student at ETH Zurich), Dominic Plangger (→ Lead Engineer at xorlab), Su Li (→ Ph.D. student at EPFL), Vaibhav Kulkarni (→ Ph.D. student at the University of Lausanne).
Others: Yonathan Fisseha - Research internship, Liangcheng Yu - Research internship, Jan Wolf - Bachelor thesis.
Awards and Fellowships:
- Facebook Research Award (100k $).
- SRC Hardware Security Solicitation Research Grant (270k $).
- ETH Research Grant (240k $).
- SNF Ambizione Grant (1 million $).
- SNF Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Google Anita Borg Scholarship.
- DAAD Scholarship for Master's Studies.
- Birzeit University Merit Scholarship.